“To build a healthy mind you must engage the child through the educational
process; to house the mind you need to have a well developed body through
physical activities. Without the combined efforts of both elements you face
the challenges that affect us all in an adverse way. We look forward to your
partnership in the development of our youth through sports and after school
programs and activities.”
– R.J. Perelka, President/Co-Founder Every Kid Counts, Inc.
Through our mission, EKC and partnerships have been committed to helping
Today’s Youth become Tomorrow’s Leaders by working together as a
community by Developing our Kids through Education, Sports and After School
Our objective has been to promote positive social interaction amongst our
community’s youth and provide the necessary environment to work with one
another for the betterment of our society.
EKC has continued to provide three primary programming benefits to kids of all ages. EKC focuses on the areas of education, after school and sports programs, and philanthropic projects. The following is an outline of the components of each one of our primary functions:
- Childhood Obesity Prevention Education – Work with students to educate
them on the importance of a well balance diet and physical fitness to prevent
obesity and the ever growing challenge of Juvenile Diabetes.
- Athletes in the School Program - The kids have had the opportunity to receive
a mentor, peer-counseling and assistance through the support and efforts of
- Drug, alcohol and gang awareness and violence prevention programs - Kids
are taught about the downfalls of each and how to avoid becoming involved.
- Financial Education Program - Provided kids with finical responsibility and
management educational program.
- Literacy Prevention – Through a collaborated effort we seek to inspire kids to
read through our Books to Bikes Reading Program.
- Equipment support program – EKC funded and provided equipment for numerous sports programs and participating youth venues.
- Youth athlete participation scholarships - Scholarship allowed kids to participate in an athletic sport when otherwise unable to do so.
- Athletic fields refurbishing program – Has refurbished 6 sports field.
- Developed Leadership through sports programs such as, EKC Thunder Baseball
- Team and the Desert Bassbusters High School Fishing Club.
- Annual Back to School Drive – Providing kids with the tools to succeed in the in their academic performance.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Hard Ship Fund – In a collaborative effort EKC along with the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation provides support to all needed families to assist them while their child is undergoing treatment.
- Annual Season of Giving Toy Drive and Holliday Programs – A time honored
tradition of providing under privilege youth with a touch of holiday cheer.
- Camp Sunrise Cancer Camp Support Program – Every year EKC provides food and beverage supplies to support the kids attending this special camp.
- Peer Mentoring and Leadership Programs – Developing Today’s Youth is the primary goal of EKC. Developing leadership with in our youth motivating them to support their pears is our ultimate objective.